I’m not the first blogger to come forward and ask her readers for help, nor will I be the last. But I’m turning to you guys – those who know this blog-version of myself – because you’re likely the best people to aid me now.
Like so many others, I’m struggling a bit with who I am as a blogger. This “identity crisis,” if you will, comes at a time where I’m actively looking to move to my own .com and create a permanent fixture in the blogosphere. I’ve been here at “A MinD in MoTown” for nearly two years, but now that I’m no longer a MoTown resident and contemplating this big blogosphere move, it’s time to discover who the blogger behind the girl truly is.
The good news in all of this is that I have no plans to quit anytime soon, as others in my shoes may have before. Rather, I’m looking for assistance in a “theme” – best word I can think of this moment – that would accurately portray who I am and what I want my blog to be. What is that exactly? Well, here’s a rundown/recap – including links to various posts – for those who may not read regularly:
- I’m not just a news-junkie who talks about the news, but I’m a journalist who adores her job and the entire industry as a whole. Honestly, I identify more with “journalist” than anything else in my life this moment, though grad school begins this fall … and could change everything.
- I live with my boyfriend (that’s a new development) and my two-year-old puppy, Sophie. I tend to write about her more often than the boy, but he occasionally pops up.
- Several months ago, I began exploring photography and sharing it here.
- To say I’m liberal would be an understatement. My big-ticket-item topics of choice? Abortion and gay marriage. Though I veer into religion on occasion as well – sometimes that’s more my feelings rather than politics though.
- I tend to stray away from a “personal blog,” though I sometimes discuss things that hit close to home. Regardless, I like to keep this blog and my life a bit distant. This is surely not a place you’ll find stories of sex exploits or me mentioning drunken escapades.
- I try to share a bit of myself – lately through Tuneage Tuesdays, and a glimpse into the music I love – though it’s more sporadic than anything. Though I like giving readers a taste of who I am rather than just my rants.
- Occasionally I jump in with some poetry, though this is still developing.
- I’m a Yankee. I am from Scranton, Pennsylvania and I’ll be the first to talk about both the transition to life in the south and the city that’s still sort of “home.”
- If it’s in pop culture, it might become blog fodder. Whether it’s a book, movie, internet-related or something absolutely absurd, there’s a chance it’ll find its way here.
I guess when it truly comes down to it, I use this little forum for a variety of things, be it my personal opinion on the Twilight series, a discussion on tattoos, or a story about my boyfriend being a turd-face. How exactly does one sum that up into an umbrella theme for a blog though?
That’s where you come in. I’m open to any and all ideas in the hopes of finding something awesome out there. I have a few ideas swirling in my brain, but nothing that’s stood out just yet.
So help me out and leave some comments – or shoot me an email (bottom left). I’m begging for your assistance here!!
12 Comments so far
Leave a comment