Filed under: I clearly have nothing better to say, Just whatever, The world revolves around me
It’s amazing how little I have to say when things in my life are going really well. Sometimes I wonder if all the creativity or writing abilities I contain are hinged on disaster, disappointment, anger, or strong reactions to the world around me. But when life is simple, ordinary and filled with contentment, I’m without words worth writing*.
So what exactly has me fairly blissful these days? Let’s get a bit more personal than usual and delve into some bullet points…
- My mom is moving to town! In late May, my stepfather moved here for a job with hopes that my mother would soon follow. For a while, she had trouble finding a job, but she was recently hired here in MoTown and will be relocating mid-August. And by “relocating,” I mean I have to fly to Pennsylvania on a Thursday and accompany her Saturday for the drive to NC. It’s okay though, she’s worth it!
- Boyfriend and I are superbly happy! Like in most relationships, we hit a rough patch where we argued way more than necessary. But for several weeks now, it’s been fight-free and back to cloud 9. With that said, a big thanks to Kendall for listening to my lamentation at least once during the not-so-fun days.
- I just celebrated my 24th birthday and who doesn’t love their own birthday? Well, before the age of insert the age you most fear here, of course.
- Although I make little money and, between both jobs, I keep quite busy, work as a whole is going smoothly. Usually summer is a bit slower for news stories – at least in this region – but I’ve had enough to keep me busy without finding myself overwhelmed. (Edited and deleted something here so as to not unnecessarily hurt someone’s feelings…) It’s the little things, after all, that make one happy!
- For a long time – sporadically – I felt like I didn’t truly have friends here. Aquaintances, sure, but not real friends I could regularly hang out with or count on for much of anything. That notion has been proven wrong within the last month or so, and it’s an amazing feeling to actually feel more of a connection to not only my “new” life, but the people within it.
- VACATION IN TWO DAYS!!! That’s right. On Thursday morning I will pack up my car and head to Virginia Beach for a long weekend with two of my best friends from high school. We’ve been waiting months for this trip and it seriously cannot arrive soon enough.
I’m not one to complain because my life has been rather awesome lately, but it obviously causes some writing difficulties on my end. I’m sure it doesn’t help that my Google Reader has been busting at the seams lately as well, making me want to read more than write.
But the GReader is finally empty – unless someone has updated within the last 15 minutes – and I’m here just to say my life is currently ahh-mayyy-zing! And it’s about damn time I remarked about the good rather than the bad.
* Whoa. Alliteration FTW.
14 Comments so far
Leave a comment