Filed under: Grace in Small Things
I hesitated to share this, but then I remembered the “real life” friends I have that read this blog and how little I truly talk about me and my life, so I decided to do so.
I’ve been inconsistently working on my Grace in Small Things for a few months now, and yesterday was a day where it was practically vital that I turned to it. I vaguely posted this news on my Twitter after it happened, but quickly changed my mind and deleted the update.
I’m not seeking sympathy, and to all of you who would comment with your “Good lucks,” I thank you in advance. Here’s my GiST from yesterday:
Today was, well, a bit depressing. When the OBGYN calls you two weeks after your annual papsmear, the news is never good. I made an appointment for Monday to have everything checked more closely – bet that’ll be a ton of fun! – and with any luck, I’ll be fine. Actually, I ought to be, but the words “precancerous” aren’t exactly ones anyone ever wants to hear.
…Today, I need GiST.
1. The doctor said I “have no reason to worry.” And although I am worrying anyway, I’m truly hoping that she’s right.
2. I have an amazing boyfriend who will sit with me on the phone (while I’m at work) ’til I’m done crying and has been calling every so often today to make sure I’m doing okay, mentally of course.
3. Grey’s finale tonight. I’ve been looking forward to this all week.
4. I’ve been eating healthier and it’s been making me look at myself in the mirror a bit differently, even if I haven’t shed any pounds yet.
5. I’m not pregnant. When the OBGYN called, that was my biggest fear, as sad as it sounds. But my financial situation makes it impossible to adequately raise a child and although I never even momentarily thought I was preggers, the thought crossed my mind when she called. I am glad that isn’t the bad news she shared.
11 Comments so far
Leave a comment